Monday 14 February 2011

Hatton now ready to carry Khan


Ricky Hatton has gone from deficient to wreck Aamir Khan's career to endorsing his next big fight.

A few months ago, Khan was discussion about fighting 'Hitman' Hatton. But the friends will be business associates for Bolton boy Khan's big homecoming.

Hatton Promotions will run the show for Khan, who last fought in Britain 14 months ago. Hatton said: "The chance to help in promoting his latest defense is marvellous. "My expect is it will be a night when the MEN Arena will be rocking, like when I used to fight there." Hatton won world titles at welterweight and light-welterweight, but believes Khan will beat his achievements.

Hatton said: "He can be a bigger name than I was. I can see no reason why he can't become Britain's first best pound-for-pound boxer in the world." McCloskey, 31, holds the European title and is unbeaten in 22 fights. Khan said: "It's going to be tough but this is what drives me."

No comments: